Yes, I know it’s been almost two months since I wrote a post. I was actually running that whole time (except about ten days which I’ll explain in another post). Rather than bore you with lame excuses for why I haven’t posted I’ll give you the very brief recap of a few running highlights. Then in future posts I’ll go into some detail.
1. For the first time in probably fifteen years I’m not running in Asics. A shoe review in Runner’s World got me to try the new Brooks Pure Flow.
2. I ran a 5k and a 10k a less than a week apart in May and had my best time in years in each distance.
3. In my weekly softball game I pulled a quad muscle and was unable to run for ten days.
4. I have a very hilly but scenic 10k coming up this Saturday and then the world-famous Volkslaufe on July 4th in Frankenmuth.
5. My two sons are home from college for the summer so that’s fun. (I realize that isn’t a running highlight but it’s a summer highlight so I threw it in).
So now you are all caught up. If you want details on any of these let me know. If you don’t want details don’t bother letting me know because you’ll get them anyway (at least that’s my plan).